The opportunity for a local Little League® to request to schedule regular-season games with a neighboring Little League program(s) is as simple as using the Little League Data Center to report those intentions.
Interleague Play provides leagues with additional flexibility and options to meet the required minimum of a 12-game regular-season schedule for each team through scheduling games with teams from other nearby leagues.
The Little League Data Center allows for local leagues to declare their intention to schedule Interleague Play at the time of chartering and any time after their charter has been approved.
Please note that Interleague Play Requests are for the regular season only and approved requests do not afford leagues involved approval to combine for the International Tournament. At the completion of the regular season, if a league does not feel that it has enough players to field its own Tournament Team, it may request a combination with another league, provided it has played a common schedule of games with teams in that league via an approved Interleague Play Request or Combined Teams Form.
Provided below are instructions and visual descriptions taken from the Little League Data Center that will walk you through the Interleague Play reporting process.
1. Click Manage FormsTo start or view an Interleague Play form click on the “Manage Forms” link on the Data Center landing page. Interleague forms started during the chartering process must be reviewed and submitted from this page.
2. Start New FormIn the Regular Season Interleague Play section, you will need to select "Click here to start a new Regular Season Interleague Play form."
3. Select Division of PlaySelect the applicable division of play and click “Create New Regular Season Interleague Play Form.”
Note: A separate form must be submitted for each division of play. You will only be able to select divisions in which your league is chartered.
4. Complete FormTo complete an Interleague Play Form, you must enter the following information: the population within the league’s boundaries, the League ID Numbers for the other leagues involved in the request, and the player age breakdown for the division being requested.
5. Save ChangesAfter entering all required information, click the “Save Changes” button. You will be prompted with the option to save your changes or to submit the form to your District Administrator for review. If you choose to only save your changes, you will need to login and submit the form at a later date.
Review StatusTo view the status of submitted forms, click the “Manage Forms” link on the Data Center landing page. Each form will be assigned one of the following statuses:
- Awaiting Other League(s): Other leagues involved must submit their information
- Awaiting District Approval: The district must review the request
- Awaiting Region Approval: The region must review the request (only applicable when leagues are involved from more than one district)
- Approved: The request has been approved